The foot bone's connected to the ankle bone

I have a very soft spot for anatomical designs, I have a small but growing collection of anatomical shirts, jewelry, and the like... probaby due to my morbid fascinations :D
A little while ago I stumbed upon a delightful post by Jean at Notcot about jewelry designed by Nervous System based on cellular & nervous system structure.
Oh my. I have got to get some of these pieces!


One of my favorite of the peices is this brooch based off of radiolarian (amoeboid protozoa that produce intricate mineral skeletons - Wiki)


Radiolaria Brooch  via n-e-r-v-o-u-s.com
Now if you aren't in the market for spending upwards of $40-100 on a single piece (although with the variety of mediums they produce their peices - silver, gold, silicone, nylon - there are both expensive & affordable sets) I would suggest looking at some of the anatomical jewelry artists on Etsy.com

I have several necklaces made by Anamoulus Bits, my favorite being an anatomical heart... but she has many other designs for under $14


Anatomical Heart by AnomalousBits via etsy.com


Anatomical Human Lungs by AnomalousBits via etsy.com
~

Loved by Adri
Posted via Once there was a girl...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share some love: let us know what you think!






Archive